The Client and Administrative Coordinator position is a unique role serving two critically important jobs at Impact. They will work on at least two of Impact’s top client accounts, providing coordination of their fundraising campaigns. In addition, they will provide operations and office support to the staff of Impact Communications, including acting as executive assistant to the President.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner, team player, adaptable to changing situations, and will participate actively in our quality-oriented, inclusive, and creative company culture.
Impact works with some of the biggest names in the social impact sector including ACLU, AARP Foundation, Howard University, National Park Foundation, and many more. We transform fundraising results for our clients through innovative approaches and creative communications strategies. Join this close-knit team for a chance to change the world and have lots of fun.
Impact is located in historic Eastern Market/Barracks Row S.E., Washington D.C. and has a hybrid work schedule that includes a minimum of 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) in-office.
Client Coordinator Responsibilities (50%)
- Communicate and coordinate with clients on current and upcoming projects
- Schedule strategy and creative meetings and other client conversations
- Prepare President and Client Managers for creative calls and meetings, including preparing agenda, drafting timeline, and printing and distributing background materials
- Follow up after client meetings, including follow-up emails, notes, creative brief preparation, and other project management
- Advise writers on the creative direction and goals for projects, as needed
- Assist with fundraising writing, as needed
- Route copy through Impact’s internal review process from first to final draft
- Assist clients in routing copy through their approval process and remind clients of deadlines
- Proofread draft copy and art
- Deliver copy to the client on-time and error-free
- Follow up with clients to obtain feedback on copy and work with Impact’s writers to complete suggested edits
- Coordinate with contract designers to manage graphic design process including approvals through final artwork
- Manage production for selected clients including obtaining quotes and interfacing with production partners from quote through printing and mailing
- Close out each project by collecting final artwork/results and begin to plan next project
- Build relationships with clients through regular check-ins and gatherings
Administrative Coordinator Responsibilities (50%)
- Manage President’s work and personal calendars
- Answer and transfer phones
- Handle mail and deliveries
- Filing (both digital and hard copies)
- Troubleshoot company technologies (IT knowledge preferred)
- Operation and upkeep of office equipment (copier, phone system, printers, etc.) including scheduling repairs/maintenance
- Order and maintain office supply stock
- Maintain a clean and organized office
- Act as liaison with company vendors (IT consultants, internet provider, cleaning service, landlord, etc.)
- Data entry and maintenance of company database
- Travel arrangements for President and staff
- Miscellaneous errands, as needed
- General support for President and staff, as needed
- Participation in company events, meetings, and annual staff retreat
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years office experience (agency or nonprofit environment experience preferred)
- Extremely detail oriented with superb follow-through on all tasks, both big and small
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and stays focused on task
- Strong written and verbal communicator and able to collaborate within teams
- Computer savvy; Mac preferred
- Up-to-date skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; general familiarity with databases, and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Quick thinker and problem-solver
- Excellent people skills
- Passionate about social impact causes
$50,000-$55,000. Fully-paid health insurance, 5% retirement match, personal leave, professional development opportunities, and wellness benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as application for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.