Impact is seeking a Director of Client Services, a vital leadership role in our small but mighty fundraising communications firm. They will lead our client managers, writers, and client coordinators in developing strategy and creative for multi-channel direct response fundraising campaigns, major donor case statements, planned giving campaigns, and other fundraising initiatives. They will be responsible for maintaining key client relationships and will also serve as a member of the company Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraising professional, accomplished leader, talented writer, quick learner, team player, adaptable to changing situations, and will participate actively in our quality-oriented, inclusive, and creative company culture.
Impact works with some of the biggest names in the social impact sector including ACLU, AARP Foundation, Howard University, National Park Foundation, and many more. We transform fundraising results for our clients through innovative approaches and creative communications strategies. Join this close-knit team for a chance to change the world and have lots of fun.
Impact is located in historic Eastern Market/Barracks Row S.E., Washington D.C. and has a hybrid work schedule that includes 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) in-office.
- Lead our client managers, writers, and client coordinators in developing strategy and creative for multi-channel direct response fundraising campaigns, major donor case statements, planned giving campaigns, and other fundraising initiatives
- Act as lead strategist and creative thinker for key accounts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with client organizations
- Serve as a member of the company Leadership Team
- Participate as an active member of our tight-knit team
- Minimum 10 years direct response fundraising experience (fundraising agency or nonprofit)
- Minimum 5 years staff management and supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in business management, marketing, communications, or related field
- Executive presence with ability to interact well with senior leadership and demonstrate exceptional client service attitude and demeanor
- Proven self-manager; independent and holds oneself to high performance standards
- Confident executive with excellent people skills who leads with precision and flexibility
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Computer savvy (Mac preferred) with up-to-date Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills; general familiarity with databases
- Excellent verbal communication skills and able to collaborate within teams
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent follow-through on all tasks, both big and small
- Passionate about social impact causes
$90,000 – $110,000 plus profit sharing and ownership track potential. Fully-paid health insurance, 5% retirement match, personal leave, professional development opportunities, and wellness benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as application for the position to email@example.com.
Impact Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.