Impact Communications, Inc. is seeking a Client Manager & Fundraising Writer who will:
- Develop strategy for planned giving fundraising campaigns on behalf of our nonprofit clients
- Write and edit copy for campaigns
- Serve as the primary contact with our nonprofit clients, providing proactive and responsive customer service
- Participate as an active member of our tight-knit team.
Impact Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, women, men, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ individuals.
The Client Manager & Fundraising Writer is a vital role in our small but mighty fundraising communications consulting firm. They will also interface with Impact’s clients; design fundraising strategies; and manage projects and develop copy for direct response fundraising, mid-level, and planned giving campaigns. The ideal candidate is a quick and enthusiastic learner, team player, adaptable to changing situations, and will participate actively in our quality-oriented, creative company culture.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Be in regular communication with clients on current and upcoming projects
- Proactively plan for upcoming projects
- Prompt clients for new projects and copy due dates
- Plan and schedule strategy and creative meetings
- Gather all necessary background materials for projects from clients, including conducting interviews when necessary
- Prepare senior staff for creative calls and meetings, including preparing agenda, printing and reviewing background materials, and convening internal brainstorming sessions as needed
- Help shape the creative direction and develop goals for projects
- Shepherd copy through Impact’s internal review process and the client’s review process in a timely manor
- Ensure client campaigns deploy on time and with complete accuracy
- Check in with clients through courtesy calls for updates on project performance
- Participate in creative meetings and provide input on creative direction, case for giving and package components
- Write fundraising copy to raise critical funds for important social impact missions
- In consultation with Impact creative team, edit first draft copy as needed before it is sent to client
- Make edits and changes to copy per client’s feedback
- Contribute to daily operations to help keep our small office running smoothly
- Attend marketing meetings, networking events, and assist with marketing proposals, as needed
- Participate in staff meetings, retreats, and other company functions
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in fundraising or marketing
- Minimum 3-4 years fundraising, marketing, or writing experience (agency or nonprofit experience preferred)
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people skills
- Passionate about good causes
- Excellent written and verbal communicator and able to collaborate within a creative and passionate team
- Computer savvy; Mac preferred (Up-to-date skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint; general familiarity with databases.)
- Quick thinker who likes to solve problems
ABOUT IMPACT COMMUNICATIONS:
At Impact Communications we provide fundraising strategies and storytelling to help our clients reach the minds and hearts of their donors. Impact offers expertise in fundraising communications, planned giving, and mid-level fundraising. Our company culture is collaborative and focused on delivering high-quality and effective campaigns. We like to say we’re changing the world, one story at a time – and we have a blast doing it! We are located in historic Eastern Market/Barrack’s Row SE, Washington D.C. and have a hybrid 2-day a week work schedule.
Our Company Values:
Impact has identified five core values to guide our work together. We apply these values both internally with our colleagues and externally with our clients. Our company is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice as individuals, within our company, in our sector, and in the broader community. This commitment infuses all our company values and helps shape how we approach our work and our professional relationships.
Whole-heartedness. We care deeply about each person on our team, our clients and colleagues, and the individuals whose diverse stories we are honored to carry. People have lives outside of work, and we celebrate that—and strive to have our company policies and culture reflect it. We make space to acknowledge the challenges, grief, joys, and important moments in each others’ lives. And, we make time to celebrate and have fun together as a team and with our clients.
Creative thinking. We believe in the power of stories and narrative to create social good. To achieve excellent results for the organizations we serve, we combine best-in-industry copywriting with creative ideas and innovative approaches. Rooted in—but not beholden to—best practices, we push boundaries in our strategies and storytelling. As a team of lifelong learners, we celebrate curiosity and dig deep to understand our client organizations and the communities in which we operate. We ask tough questions and bring our best thinking to the table to advance both our clients’ missions and our company’s success.
Courage. We are unafraid to experiment and try new approaches—and are brave enough to own our mistakes. Candor and honest feedback are essential elements of our success as a team. We have the courage to tackle difficult conversations respectfully and overcome challenging situations together.
Integrity. The trust of those we work with is precious. The Impact team has an authentic passion for purpose, striving to create a better world by advancing our clients’ missions. The communities and individuals whose stories we share in our work can count on us to be honest and respectful. Every member of our team is committed to our industry’s ethical codes and exercises moral strength and authenticity in all professional relationships. We own our mistakes as individuals and as a company.
Community. We value engagement and actively participate in our local D.C. area community and the fundraising and nonprofit ecosystems. We approach all interactions in the spirit of service, collaboration, inclusivity, and respect for what each individual brings to the conversation. Cultivating teamwork and a sense of shared goals both within our company and in the communities in which we operate is a top priority.
Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000
Benefits: Impact provides generous benefits including fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee, a 401(k) retirement plan with up to a 5% employer match, personal leave, professional development opportunities, and wellness benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as application for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.