We all know that integrating fundraising channels is becoming increasingly important – the best programs strategically combine direct mail and digital efforts. But when thinking about how to approach digital integration, keep this question in mind: How do we show up for our donors and meet them where they will say “yes?”
Here are some tips for building a more successful integrated fundraising program:
- Clean data is key. Data is imperative for digital success so take the time to clean up your data and ensure it’s in the best possible place before building out your program.
- Go back to the basics. Think about who your donors are and how they prefer to be reached. Meet them where they are and think about how you can best serve them.
- Start on a small scale. When you’re just getting started, pick a specific group of donors and focus on optimizing their experience. Then expand what you learn to the rest of your file.
- Stop thinking in silos. Nurture a collaborative environment. Everyone in fundraising has the same goal – to raise money. Digital should never be its own entity, it must be part of your overall fundraising strategy.
- Organize partner summits. Sit down with your partners and ask questions to see how you can work together. When you share advice and knowledge, you may be more efficient in solving problems.
We are living in an ever-changing time with technology and channels of communication. Let’s come together to better serve our donors and strengthen our fundraising strategies!