- Rocking a COVID-casual outfit during the workday. Nothing feels better than getting to wear comfy sweatpants or leggings every day!
- That espresso machine is finally earning its keep. Some of us have children to teach while working at the same time, and caffeine has never been more important.
- Our furry co-workers. By providing us comfort and reminding us to take some breaks away from the screen, Finley, Lavinia, Lucille, and Roxanne have shown themselves to be amazing colleagues.
- Extra time in the morning. The new shorter commute from our bedrooms to our home offices gives us more time to enjoy some extra sleep or more time with a good book.
- Neighbors. When you stay home for days and weeks on end, it gives you a chance to get to know the people who live right next door. . . and some of them are pretty cool.
- No need to pack a lunch. Staying home for work means access to the kitchen all day long. Our at-home lunches can be much more interesting than the quick microwave meals we keep at the office!
-By Hannah Summers
Follow us on Facebook @ImpactStories and Twitter @ImpactDC