It’s not a secret. By combining major gifts and direct response strategies, mid-level messaging deeply engages non-profit donors to foster stronger relationships and increased revenue for your organization. Here are the key principles for crafting personalized and impactful mid-level messaging that resonates with donors and amplifies their connection to your mission.
What Do Donors Really Want?
To Have an Impact:
- Paint a grand picture of how your organization will change the world.
- Regularly share results and acknowledge donors’ pivotal role in achieving shared goals.
- Advance your mission to motivate; while perks are nice, don’t rely solely on them.
To Be Connected:
- Grant exclusive access to organizational leaders and facilitate opportunities for donors to meet like-minded peers.
- Make donors feel like part of the family.
To Feel Special:
- Provide insider information, ensuring donors are the first to know about exciting news.
- Show genuine recognition and appreciation through personalized stewardship efforts.
- Assign a dedicated contact for their questions to increase personalization.
How to Craft Effective Mid-Level Messaging
Create a Compelling Case for Giving:
- Inspire donors by articulating your mission, vision, and long-term impact.
- Use concrete examples and stories to illustrate power of their support.
Detailed Plans, Involved Donors:
- Give donors a behind-the-scenes look at your plans and strategies.
- Seek their feedback and suggestions, demonstrating their valued input.
- Incorporate their ideas when feasible, strengthening their engagement.
Show Your Signer’s Personality:
- Infuse messaging with the signer’s authentic voice to provide glimpses into your signer’s passion, commitment, and expertise.
Embrace Longer Copy:
- Don’t shy away from longer letters and emails; mid-level donors crave information.
- Offer captivating storytelling; ensure content justifies the length to sustain engagement.
Invest in Memorable Packages:
- Allocate resources for high-quality, personalized materials with enhanced production value, appealing design, and exclusive content.