Impact Communications is seeking a strategic, process-oriented, and dynamic leader to serve as Director of Operations and Business Development. This individual will work closely with the President to manage the day-to-day business operations of the firm and play a leadership role in managing business development for our new and returning social impact clients. This role will be critical in creating and reinforcing a healthy, inclusive, and empathetic company culture that results in superior employee and client satisfaction.
Impact works with some of the biggest names in the social impact sector including ACLU, AARP Foundation, Howard University, National Park Foundation, and many more. We transform fundraising results for our clients through innovative approaches and creative communications strategies. Join this close-knit team for a chance to change the world and have lots of fun.
Impact is located in historic Eastern Market/Barracks Row S.E., Washington D.C. and has a hybrid work schedule that includes 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) in-office.
- Oversee business operations including strategic planning, systems development, workflow management, human resources, IT, and finance
- Serve as a member of Impact’s Leadership Team, develop and manage budget, and make financial decisions
- Lead staff recruitment, enrichment, and training; manage key members of the team and oversee important vendor partners
- Continuously seek to delight our clients by contributing to new marketing and fundraising ideas centered on elevating and/or expanding our services across multiple product lines
- Generate new business and cultivate current client relationships
- Lead company diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice strategy
- Minimum 10 years of successful managerial experience in fundraising/marketing agency or other business
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in business management, marketing, communications, or related field
- Familiarity with operations for a small to mid-sized business
- Executive presence with ability to interact well with senior leadership and demonstrate exceptional client service attitude and demeanor
- Proven self-manager; independent and holds oneself to high performance standards
- Confident executive who leads with precision and flexibility
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations preferred
- Effective listener and storyteller who values open and honest communication
- Problem-solving and analytical skills that include the ability to develop and propose solutions for clients and employees, and ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Computer savvy (Mac preferred) with up-to-date Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills; general familiarity with databases
- Passionate about social impact causes
$90,000 – $110,000 plus profit sharing and ownership track potential. Fully-paid health insurance, 5% retirement match, personal leave, professional development opportunities, and wellness benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as application for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.